Registration Packet- Welcome Parents and Dancers!
We are so glad that you have interest in joining our dance classes. I hope that you will contact us with any questions you might come across. Feel free to browse our website and become familiar with all we have to offer.
This registration packet contains all you will need to register your dancer for classes at SDA. Please make sure you have obtained and completed the following documents upon registering your dancer for classes:
Draft Form (Drafts are only taken for those customers who choose to pay month to month instead of by semester or year).
- Tuition Rates Form
At time of registration, the first month’s tuition plus the registration fee is due. Also, please make sure to provide a valid e-mail address as we send out important updates periodically about recitals, holidays, and various helpful information.
Again, thank you for your interest in Shreveport Dance Academy. We hope to see you soon!
- All returning students must register each year and may have first priority of classes during the pre-registration session.
- Pre-registration is May 10th and 11th and is $25.00 per student or $50.00 per family. After May 11th, registration fees will be $35. 00 per student and $60.00 per family.
- Registration will open to the public on Monday, May 21st .
- Registration in person will be taken on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00-6:00 pm at 2537 E. 70th Street.
- Registration fee is $35.00 per student or $60.00 per family.
- Registration is based on a first come, first serve basis.
- Classes are closed once capacity is reached.
- Capacity for classes range from 12-15 depending on the instructor.
- A minimum of 5 students is required for a class to remain open.
- Students MUST re-register each year.
- Registration must include: completed registration form, draft payment, registration fee, and 1st month tuition. NO EXCUSES!
- Family rates are available to families with more than one child attending classes. The highest paying student pays full tuition and each additional child enrolled receives a 10% discount
- Tuition is drafted from either a credit card or check on the 5th of each month. Any draft that is declined or returned for insufficient funds will be assessed a 20% late fee for the total amount due on the account, if not paid by the 15th of the month.
- Students with delinquent accounts will not be admitted to classes, accepted for a new semester, or receive recital costumes until the account is current.
- Payments received for the entire semester will receive a 10% discount and payments received for the entire year will receive a 15% discount.
- If paying by the semester or year, this payment must be made at the time of registration.
- There is at $25.00 NSF fee on ALL returned checks. After (2) returned checks, SDA has no choice but to ONLY accept credit cards, cash, or money orders for the account.
TUITION IS NON REFUNDABLE
- No refunds will be made except in the case of serious illness or injury as verified by a doctor's referral.
- Shreveport Dance Academy, Inc. reserves the right to make final decisions on all refunds.
- There are NO refunds for recital costumes once they are ordered, unless your costume is sold to another dancer.
- Recital fee refunds must be submitted in writing. The final date for any refunds is one month before the scheduled recital.
- We reserve a position in your child's class for your child whether or not your child is present until we are notified in writing of your desire to cancel enrollment.
- For this reason, tuition will not be pro-rated for missed classes. Make -up classes must be scheduled within 30 days of the classes missed.
- By signing the registration form, you have reserved your child's class time from the date of signature until the end of the dance year. You will be billed and are liable for the payment of tuition for those classes whether or not you child attends the class, until we are notified (IN WRITING) of your desire to cancel your child's enrollment.
- Written notification to cancel enrollment must be given one prior to the monthly draft, which occurs on the 5th of the month.
- If a current student refers a new customer to Shreveport Dance Academy and that customer enrolls, the student who made the referral will receive a $25.00 credit towards their account.
- The new student must notify the name of the current student at the time of registration for the current student to receive the credit. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- All types of classes are available for referral credit
- Please inform us if your child is ill and cannot attend class.
- If your child misses a class due to illness, you may schedule a make-up class through the office.
Jazz , Modern and Tap Classes
- All Students Jazz III and above must be enrolled in a ballet class.
- All Modern students must enrolled in a ballet class
- All jazz and tap students must be remain in levels for two (2) years. Faculty members have the discretion to move up and down students in levels as they see fit for the student and/or class.
Summer Intensive Payment Plan
- Students attending or plan to attend summer intensive at Shreveport Dance Academy the following summer, may add $50.00 per month to their monthly tuition.
- All students are encouraged to participate, but it is NOT REQUIRED.
- Recital Costumes are ordered in October and payment is required by the deadline. There is also a recital fee of $75.00 for one child and each additional child is $25.00.
- There are NO REFUNDS on recital costumes once the order has been placed.
Classical Ballet and Beyond...
Opportunities with Shreveport Metropolitan Ballet and SDA Performance Ensembles. Yearly Performances!